Interns provide individual counseling to adult, survivors of domestic and sexual violence from a feminist/empowerment perspective. Opportunities to provide group counseling as well as opportunities to work with children and adolescents may also be available but will depend on primary needs of the program.
In addition, the LPC-Intern’s supervisor will be screened to assess their experience working with survivors of domestic and sexual violence, and their philosophy of supervision. These internships are unpaid, and the agency is unable to pay for any portion of the LPC-Intern’s supervision.
- Proof of graduation from an accredited master’s program in counseling with a focus on mental health of community counseling. School counselor concentration LPC-Interns need not apply
- Proof of passing score on National Counselor Exam
- Proven ability to work with clients in a client-centered, non-judgmental manner
- Practicum reference and employment references will be contacted as part of the application consideration
- Complete crisis intervention training – all dates required (see training below)
*We are unable to accommodate LMFT requests as we do not provide couples, marriage, or formal family counseling.